You finally got your new iPhone, Samsung or Google Pixel and decided to opt for a phone case that would show it off nicely. A crystal clear phone case is probably one of the most popular for the fact that it can protect your phone while maintaining its originality. But overtime, you could begin to see discoloration or yellowing to the clear covering which could end up being a sight for sore eyes.
Although most manufacturers may promise anti-yellowing, it isn’t guaranteed. Don’t stress, this is completely normal and you can restore its clarity with a cleaning solution.
There are a few methods to clean your phone case and get rid of any yellow stains to have your case looking brand new again. You may even be surprised to know that you have a lot of things at home that can help! Before you get started, remember to put on your gloves.
Here’s what we suggest:
Clean Your Clear Phone Case with Baking Soda
Baking soda is an essential ingredient that can help with many things, including cleaning your phone cover! Follow these steps and it’ll be as good as new:
- Apply baking soda to a toothbrush
- Scrub your phone case
- Continue to rinse and repeat. Then enjoy!
Clean Your Clear Phone Case with Dish Soap
Dish soap works wonders and you’re probably thinking - how possibly could dish soap clean my phone case and get it crystal clear again? Try this and you won’t be disappointed:
- Add water into a bowl
- Add your dish soap and mix to the water to create a solution
- Place your phone into the bowl for a few minutes
- Take it out and scrub with a toothbrush
- Continue to rinse and repeat until you’re satisfied!
Clean Your Clear Phone Case with Vinegar
White vinegar is a wonderful cleaning solution to help get rid of the yellowing and stains from your phone cover. You’ll need some baking soda along with your vinegar for this method to work.
- Mix together 1 cup of vinegar with 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a bowl or container.
- Place your phone inside of the container. You may want to put something on top of it to hold it down, like a drinking glass or mug
- Leave your phone cover to soak in the solution for a few hours.
- Rinse, and voilà!
Clean your clear phone case with Toothpaste
Toothpaste has a lot of key ingredients that can be beneficial for not only cleaning your teeth, but other things as well including your phone casing! Try out this method:
- Grab a toothbrush and apply toothpaste onto your clear phone case
- Scrub until you’re content
- Add some dish soap, if necessary
Clean your clear phone case with Bleach
Bleach is a great chemical that can get rid of stains easily and even disinfect. Be careful with this method as the chemicals can be harsh and even discolor your clothing.
- Put your phone case into a container filled with water
- Add a teaspoon of bleach
- Soak your phone cover until the yellow has disappeared
When you should buy a new phone case
Although you may want to clean your phone cover, sometimes it might be best to get a new one. Head over to our phone case collection to make your decision easier and save yourself some time!